Sunday, August 22, 2010

Snow White Outfit


We are going to Disney World soon, and I can't wait!!!  We took the kids last year on sort of a whim, and I was not prepared for what was about to take place(I had never been before). It was MAGIC. The absolute best vacation as a family....EVER! We decided that we wanted to relive the experience. 
We have actually been planning this years trip to Disney, and I started to see all the cute little outfits people are dressing their sweet ones in to visit this special place. I have been checking out Etsy, and there are a lot of great things on there. It's almost overwhelming because there is so much stuff.
So I wanted to spend this week showing you some of the outfits that my children will be sporting while we are vacationing....maybe give you a few ideas on what to dress your little ones in next time you are at Disney;o)
Being the thrifty one, I decided that I would make ALL of S.R.'s outfits.  This Snow White outfit cost me 75 cents...only because I ran out of red fabric, and had to make a run to Walmart.
Don't mind the arm:o) I was in a hurry before church and was running out of day light:o)

Now I can't take full credit for this idea. The kids were in a summer music class and one of the little girls in the class had a shirt on similar to this one. Her mother makes them and sells them on Etsy. At first when I saw how much she was charging for them, I almost flipped. But after making the shirt I now understand....the sleeves.
These puppies take FO-EV-UH. Cutting the strips(I tore mine....did you know that you can tear fabric in a straight line...saves so much time) Sewing them together, and then cutting them into sleeves. I used a pattern on hand, and the fabric was scraps left over from previous projects. I had to do some fanagaling to have enough for the shirt. But I made it work. 
S.R. loves her new Snow White outfit. She squeals every time she sees it:o) Makes me happy:o)
Here's the whole outfit again...

I did purchase some hair bows on Etsy...the kind that are shaped like the Princesses. Hoping to receive those in the mail this week. S.R. will flip when she sees them:o) May hold off on showing her them until time for the trip;o) 
On Tuesday I will have a tutorial on how to make Minnie Mouse Ears Hair bows, along with the matching skirt. 

6 comments:

Jana said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute!! And I cannot wait to see the Mickey Mouse ears post!! Audrey's birthday party is Minnie Mouse and I want some ears for all of the kiddos at the party!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Isn't a kids (good) reaction to your efforts such a huge reward?!
We are thinking about a trip to the magic kingdom, but a huge amount of planning will have to go into that one. :) Can't wait to see some pics of your trip!

Jana said... Best Blogger Tips

I just re-read your post and I think I misunderstood earlier. You are making Minnie Mouse hair bows. Not Minnie Mouse, hair bows. Either way I can't wait. And if you have any ideas for Minnie Mouse ears (like the head band kind) let me know!!

cnydalynn said... Best Blogger Tips

we are about to take our two daughters to Disney for the first time. I am so excited. I loooooove this little outfit and I might try to get one made! Too cute!

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

Is there any chance you make & sell this adorable outfit? ejustice20@yahoo.com

Emily Thompson said... Best Blogger Tips

awww so cute!!! I love the sleeves!! Great work.. have SO much fun on your trip ;o) I also sewed along and linked up… a {movie} star dress ;o) EMily@nap-timecreations.com