Monday, April 11, 2011

Skip To My Loop Skirt

We had a birthday party to attend this weekend and it was so much fun! Cinderella made an appearance at the party, and S.R. was IN LOVE! She was Chatty Cathy once Cinderella walked thru the door. I really wish I had brought my camera:o/
Anyway, the Birthday girl needed a gift, and being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't have a gift for her. Saturday night I was racking my brain as to what I could make that would be super fast, but still be super cute...this is what I came up with:
This is 100% designed by me...if there is another skirt out there just like it, I promise I haven't seen it.
I came up with this particular design because I always have the hardest time judging how long to cut the elastic. Sometimes it's too small, sometimes it's too big, and every now and again it's just right...sounds like something out of the Three Little Bears, right?
The waist has button holes and a belt laced thru it. Problem solved:o) You can tighten or loosen to your heart's content.
S.R. was a little upset that she couldn't keep the skirt on for the party, but I had to remind her that we were giving it to her friend as a birthday gift. 3 year olds...I tell ya;o)
I will be making a pattern and tute soon, and it will be available in my Etsy shop.
***
In other news...I had a fantastic yard sale weekend. I will share with you guys my great finds in the next few days.

Participating in:




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comments:

sewhappiness said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi!! I found your lovely blog from Funky junk interiors!!! I'm so glad I did:-) I love this skirt!!! The colors are so bright, I love the pattern combination!!!
Your design is great!!!
New follower now!!! Can't wait to see more great ideas:-)
Maybe if you have the chance you can come over to my blog @http://sewhappiness.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!!
Eleni