Monday, December 5, 2011

My Home for the Holidays-Cute Hand Towel

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We(mostly the hubs) have been busy out in the yard moving dirt, bushes and mulch. It is looking so good in our backyard. I can't wait to show you how it looks:o)

I found a really cute hand towel a few weeks ago made by Mud Pie. The price was really good, but I knew it was something that I could make. I couldn't find their version online, but mine is pretty similar.
 The towel was made from an old shower curtain I found at a thrift store back during the summer. I also had the ribbon on hand. I didn't have enough to alternate the colors evenly, but I think it still turned out pretty cute:o)
 I just cut 28 strips of ribbon at 3" long. (I think the width of the ribbon is 3/4".) I started at the bottom row with seven strips of ribbon folded in half and stitched them to the towel..the next row 6..and so on. 
Just a little side note...if you plan to make this towel, make sure you put your ribbon on at an angle to make the tree form...I made the mistake of putting it on straight up and down and it was totally wrong:o)
A quick and easy...and very festive hand towel for our half bath.



Participating Here

The Stuff of Success

3 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

CUTE! Love to towel holder, too!

Mom Daughter Style said... Best Blogger Tips

this is very cute, thanks for sharing
http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

Mandalina said... Best Blogger Tips

problem is... no one will want to wipe their hands on it because it so cute they won't want to mess it up... leaving them doing the wipe your wet hands on the pants move! Drama! = )