Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Basketball Picture Frame

This year the hubs and I coached E's Upward Basketball team. It was filled with lots of surprises, and it was a lot of hard work, but all 5 boys seemed to have a great time playing.
We had the awards night this week, and I wanted to give them something special. I'm not a fan of trophies, and at this age, the trophies usually are broken to bits within the first few days of receiving them.
After our very last game, I got a candid shot of the boys. 
I decided that I would make picture frames for the boys as their gift.

I found all of the items at Hobby Lobby.
-Picture Frame
-Purple Spray Paint
-Wooden Basketball Cut-out
-Hot Glue Gun(had on hand)


I laid the frames(minus the glass and backing) on a cardboard box outside where there was plenty of ventilation.
 

I sprayed 3 coats of purple Krylon paint on the frames..waiting 10 minutes between each coat.


Once they were dry, I glued the little basketball guy to the corner of the frame making sure not to let it hang too low across the bottom. 
Now they will have something to look back on and smile about...it's not a faceless trophy, but a keepsake to help them remember the friendships that they developed in their very first basketball season.


1 comments:

Children Photo Frames said... Best Blogger Tips

Kids are very cute, the photoframe is outstanding.