Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Handmade See Saw-Made by Me!

Guess what. 
I've been doing a little wood working...
and I'm totally digging it..
like a whole lot!
S.R. asked the hubs to build her a see saw the other day. 
I found the plans on Ana White's website, and after looking them over, I decided that I could make it....all by myself.
The hubs has been so hard at work on the half bath, I thought it would be one less thing for him to worry over, and I could try my hand at construction.
He cut all of the wood for me because pressure treated wood is so heavy. I needed his muscles to straighten the base a bit (the wood was warped) and to attach the see part of the saw(is that right??;o)), but other than that, I did it by myself. 
S.R. kept asking me if I was sure I knew what I was doing...I did because the instructions were so easy to follow. I plan on staining the wood to match the play set soon.
The kids LOVE their new toy. The neighbor kids LOVE the new toy. I LOVE that I made something that everyone LOVES! Now I'm ready to find something else to build...any suggestions?;o)
On a side note, I thought I would share the beautiful rainbow we had in our backyard the other day...I love moments like these when we can take a second to appreciate God's promises. 
I hope you all are having a great day. Try to stay cool in this heat!

0 comments: