Monday, October 16, 2017

Teal Pumpkin

We have enjoyed two full weeks off from school, and it has been amazing!! A break that we definitely needed. All three of us were starting to go a little batty.
I have been able to knock out so many things on my to-do list. Things that are a little harder to tackle when we are busy with school work.
One of the tasks at hand was diving a little deeper into Paleo cooking. Sister and I struggle with intestinal and stomach issues, and Paleo seems to be a great option for us. 
We are using Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Cookbooks, and we have not been disappointed. 

The food has been delicious and our stomachs are much happier.
Since we have taken on this new style of eating, it has opened my eyes to the world of food intolerance and food-related allergies.
Halloween candy is definitely a big no-no for those who fall into that category.
Have you guys heard of the Teal Pumpkin Project 
We will be participating in it this year, and to let other families know that we are handing out non-candy alternatives, we have our very own teal pumpkin on our front porch.
This is what our little pumpkin looked like when we found him at the thrift store. He was a whopping $1.
Breakin' the bank, I tell ya.
 Fortunately, I had turquoise paint sitting around.
 The pumpkin took two coats of paint.
While it was drying, I drank my afternoon coffee from my new coffee mug.
You can find the vinyl decal HERE.
Can you name the movie this quote comes from??
After the pumpkin dried completely, I decided to glam it up a bit. 
I used Modge Podge on the stem, and added rose gold glitter.
Perfect.
All he needs is a little candle to make him glow :-)
Who else is participating in the Teal Pumpkin Project this year?

0 comments: